Veterans Debt Consolidation
- Prepare yourself with a personal budget.
- Look for any VA or Special Aid Society.A VA Cash out mortgage is the only special debt consolidation for veterans.
- Look for conventional debt consolidation solutions.
Debt Consolidation for Veterans: Prepare to Battle Debt
Veterans, like all American’s face debt problems. Your situation is unique, but shares the common reasons for debt, including rising expenses, emergency costs and drop in income. In recognition of service to your country, there are special benefits available to you as Veterans. Look for general debt consolidation options, as well as the VA debt consolidation for veterans loan.
In order to help your situation, look through the following debt consolidation or debt relief solutions:
- Budget Training – Prepare Yourself
- Scouting the field: VA and Army Related Aid Programs
- Looking over the Arsenal - VA Debt Consolidation Programs
Just as you went through basic training to learn how to be a soldier, you should take the time to learn how to manage your budget. Without the proper financial tools, you are going into the battle against debt at a disadvantage. Keeping a budget means that you will know how to answer these questions:
- How much money do you make?
- How much money do you spend each month?
- How much debt do you have?
- How much do you spend each month paying back your debt?
- What types of assets do you have to use to pay off your debt?
Use the Bills.com budget guide to help you take all the necessary steps to build and maintain your budget. No matter which debt consolidation route you take, your budget will put you in an advantageous field position to analysis your situation.
Scouting the field: VA and Army Related Aid Programs
While these are not, strictly speaking, debt consolidation for veteran programs,look into any special programs available to veterans. A good beginning spot is the VA benefits Web site, which explains about special programs for education, health, employment and housing. Check their Web site for any programs that can help your financial and overall situation.
If for example you are having trouble with your mortgage payments and your servicer is not able to help you, then get in touch with a VA loan technician at one of their regional Loan Centers or call 1-877-837-3702.
In addition, there are many Aid societies for different branches of the service, including the Army Aid society, Coast Guard Mutual Assistance, Air Force Aid Society, and the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society. Eligibility requirements vary, as do the type of assistance offered, ranging from emergency help to loans and grants.
While, these are not debt consolidation services, if you are having a hardship, check into all your alternatives, including those specially designed for veterans.
Looking over the Arsenal - VA Debt Consolidation
Debt consolidation solutions range from optimizing your payment schedule, loan consolidation, debt management, debt settlement and bankruptcy. The right solution will depend on your financial situation. The only real type of debt consolidation only for veterans is a VA cash out mortgage refinance.
Special Veteran Tool: VA Cash out Mortgage Refinance
If you are considering a cash out refinance, or debt consolidation loan, then you will need both of the following:
- Good credit, including a good credit score, good credit history and a low debt to income ratio.
- Sufficient equity in their house, usually up to a 80% LTV in a conventional loan.
The VA benefit package includes housing guarantees for veterans. It is possible to do a refinance for lower interest rate, or a cash out mortgage refinance. You need a COE (Certificate of Eligibility) to obtain a VA loan. The amounts available are subject to loan limits (by county) and guarantee limits as set by the VA. The amount of the loan can be as high as 100% of the value of the property. You can include the original loan balance, closing costs, and debts that you want to pay off. Underwriting guidelines are complicated and fluctuate.
Conventional Debt Consolidation for Veterans
While surfing the internet, you will come across are all kinds of advertisements for VA debt consolidation loans. Many firms target special groups, and veterans are no exception. By changing the clothes of the model and a few marketing phrases, debt consolidation companies create a new product, debt consolidation for veterans. Don’t be fooled by the camouflage, and avoid scams. Don’t pay upfront fees.
Finding the right consolidation program for you is difficult. Read the Bills.com article about debt relief for more information about loan consolidation, credit counseling, debt management, debt settlement, and bankruptcy programs.
- Debt Consolidation Programs
- Alternatives to Filing Bankruptcy
- FreedomPlus | Affordable Personal Loans
- Debt Consolidation Companies | Do Reputable Ones Exist?
- Credit Counseling
- Consolidate Debt
- Consolidating Bank of America Debt
- Refinance Overview
- Debt Loans to Consolidate Debt
- Bad Credit
- Chase Credit Card Debt Consolidation
- Consolidate My Debt
- Bill Consolidation
- Buy a Home with an FHA loan
- Tax Debt Relief Options
- Hardship Based Loans
- Debt Consolidation Loans
- Pay Off Loans
- Consolidate Bills
- Freedom Debt Relief Review
- American Express Bill and AMEX Debt
- Debt Negotiation Plan
- Judgment Garnishment
- Debt Snowball
- Cambridge Credit Counseling
- Collection Agency Charges
- Northstar Location Services
- Consolidate American Express Debt
- Consolidate Capital One Credit Debt
- Consolidate Wells Fargo Credit Debt
- Comenity Credit Card Debt
- Repay Gambling Debt
- Debt Consolidation Loan Fees- Part of the Picture
- Get It In Writing
- Debt Verification
- Colorado Lien For Credit Card Debt
- Debt Consolidation & Mobile Home
- Three-State Statute of Limitations
- How to Get Out of Debt For Free
- Credit Card Consolidation Reviews
- Reputable Debt Consolidation Companies
- Bill Consolidation Programs
- Debt Reduction Services
- Consumer Credit Counseling Services
Search answers to other readers' questions, or ask your own and get a personal answer!
Learn how much you can save over time by cutting back on your daily latte or other small expenses that add up!
Consolidation? Credit counseling? Debt settlement? Bankruptcy? New loans? Debt Coach, a free online tool, gives tailored advice to help you find the right solution for your needs.
Use our Debt Consolidation Calculator to learn how much your loans actually cost, and to find solutions to save money!
How savvy are you about your personal finances? Take this quick quiz to learn insights into your finance habits and your Bills IQ.
Deciding if a mortgage refinance loan is right for you? Our calculators make it easy. Plug a few key facts about your old loan into our calculator, and learn if a refinance makes sense for you.
See today's national averages for adjustable and fixed-rate mortgages. Then drill-down to learn what is the best rate for you!
Learn what your fellow Bills.com readers think about financial solutions providers and mortgage lenders. We want you to share your experiences, too!
If you want to dive deep into your debt relief options, including the costs of each solution, read these whitepapers. Includes references, so you can follow-up on each fact cited.
Bills.com experts explain, in fast-paced videos, the basics of refinance, debt relief, student loans, and more.
Tool Box Easy to use resources to help you find solutions to your money questions