Need Personal Loan

I need $2,600 to pay the water bill. Where can I get a loan?

Read full question
Bill's Answer: Answered by Mark Cappel

If you do not have any collateral, what you seek is a signature loan, which is also called an unsecured loan or personal loan.

I have two suggestions for you. First, read the Federal Trade Commission document, "Payday Loans Equal Very Costly Cash: Consumers Urged to Consider the Alternatives" and determine if any of the suggested alternatives in that document will work for you.

Second, consider a loan from Prosper or Lending Club, which are a peer-to-peer lending and investing companies.

Finally, the fact that you need to raise $5,000 to pay your water bill is a symptom of a deeper problem. You must create a household budget so that paying routine utility bills does not trigger an emergency response. Download the free budget guide and go through the pain of creating a household budget. Once you have a budget in place and stick to it, you will not experience these problems in the future.

I hope this information helps you Find. Learn & Save.



Rate this article
Not helpful

No Comments

Waiting for comments to load Loading more comments
Thanks for your feedback!

Tool Box   Easy to use resources to help you find solutions to your money questions