Spouse Not On Mortgage

What is the form that is used when you are married, but purchase a home without the spouse being on the mortgage?

Read full question
Bill's Answer: Answered by Mark Cappel

The situation you described is common -- one married person may appear on a mortgage or property title for myriad reasons. The name of what you called a form varies by state. In most states it is not even a form. The letter to the county clerk is often just called "recording instructions" or something equally non-descriptive. It is prepared by the title company or escrow company.

Consult with your real estate agent, title company, or attorney who is handling the transaction for the exact name of this document in your state.

I hope this information helps you Find. Learn & Save.




Rate this article
Not helpful

Comments (1)

Kevin C.
April 19, 2012
Thanks for the information it is always nice to gain good tips around which works in future for us.
Waiting for comments to load Loading more comments
Thanks for your feedback!

Get a Rate Quote


Tool Box   Easy to use resources to help you find solutions to your money questions