Unemployment Benefit & Pension

I cashed in my pension. Can I still collect state unemployment benefits? Call the agency in your state that administers unemployment

Read full question
Bill's Answer: Answered by Mark Cappel

I want to be very conservative with my thoughts here, and I want you to be very careful with your actions. Call the agency in your state that administers unemployment benefits. Ask the representative if receiving a pension distribution should be counted as income on the weekly income report you must send the state every week or two. Listen carefully, and write down the answer you hear, including the name of the representative, and the date and time that you called. Take complete notes. Then call back later and ask the same question to a different representative. Again take careful and complete notes. If the two responses match, then you have an answer.

I hope this information helps you Find. Learn & Save.




Rate this article
Not helpful

No Comments

Waiting for comments to load Loading more comments
Thanks for your feedback!

Tool Box   Easy to use resources to help you find solutions to your money questions