Need help with your college tuition?
The winner will be announced between November 29th and December 6th. Bills.com will will make two attempts to notify the winner by emailing the address when the essay was submitted. We will also post the winner's name on this page.
Please submit a short essay answering the following question:
How do you plan on paying for college?
Essays must be no longer than 300 words, and keep in mind that any essay going over the limit (even if it’s just by a few words) will not be considered.
Terms & Conditions of Sweepstakesx
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Officers, directors, employees, contractors, representatives and agents of Bills.com, LLC (“Sponsor”) and its affiliates and related entities (the “Contest Entities”), and each of their respective immediate families (parents, siblings, children, spouses and life partners of each, regardless of where they live) and household members are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- BINDING AGREEMENT. In order to enter the Bills.com College Scholarship Contest (the “Contest”), you must agree to these Official Rules (the “Rules”). Please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that your Entry (as defined below) in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules.
ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen years old, and meet the following requirements at the time of entry:
- a high school senior with a grade point average (“GPA”) of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or greater, planning to enroll in full-time undergraduate study during the entirety of the 2017-2018 academic year at an accredited two- or four-year college or university in the United States.
CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins and ends at the times and on the dates set forth below (the “Contest Period”):
- Beginning Time: 12:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time on August 9th, 2017
- End Time: 11:59 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time on October 31st, 2017
METHOD OF ENTRY. To enter, complete the following steps during the Contest Period:
- Answer the following essay question in 300words or less: How Are You Planning On Paying For College?
- Fill out our application: https://www.bills.com/about/scholarship
NUMBER OF ENTRIES ALLOWED; ENTRY REQUIREMENTS. Limit one entry per person. Entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means, and Entries in excess of the Entry limit will be disqualified. All Entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Receipt of Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, mutilated, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled Entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter the Contest will be ineligible. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. All Entries must be in English. Your Entry must further comply with all of the following requirements:
- Your Entry must not violate any right of a third party including, without limitation, any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, confidentiality, publicity, privacy, and any other intellectual property right.
- Your Entry must be your original work of authorship, sole property, unpublished, and not previously submitted in any other contest, sweepstakes or promotion.
- Your Entry must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than yourself.
- Your Entry must not include any content or material that depicts or incorporates unsafe behavior or situations, obscenity, defamation, disparagement of any product, person, or organization, or any other inappropriate or objectionable content or material, as determined in the sole discretion by the judges and/or Sponsor.
- DISQUALIFICATION. The judges and/or Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify at any time any Entry that they determine in their sole discretion does not comply with these Rules.
- USE OF ENTRY MATERIALS BY SPONSOR. By submitting an Entry, you agree that Sponsor and its affiliates and related entities have the unrestricted right and non-exclusive license to use your Entry in whole or in part, commercially or non-commercially, in any media known or unknown, in perpetuity, worldwide, including the right to publish, display, copy, distribute, and sublicense the Entry for advertising or publicity purposes, and to edit, modify, and make derivative works thereof, all without additional review by or compensation to you. As a condition of submitting your Entry, you agree that each of Sponsor and its affiliates and related entities may post your entry on its website(s), web pages of third-party sites, and other publications for advertising and promotional purposes without review by or compensation to you.
- PRIZE; ODDS OF WINNING. One prize will be awarded. The prize shall consist of a check in the amount of two thousand five hundred dollars (U.S. $2,500.00) (the “Prize”). Total value of all prizes to be awarded is $2,500.00. Prize cannot be substituted, exchanged or transferred, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes and unspecified expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. Any costs related to participating in the Contest and claiming or using a prize, are the responsibility of the winner. Odds of winning the Contest depend on the number of eligible Entries received. If required, Sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099 to winner for tax reporting purposes.
WINNER SELECTION & JUDGING. All Entries will be reviewed by the Sponsor’s judges. Judges will determine the winner based on the following objective judging categories for reviewing of the Entries:
- Category 1: Thoughtfulness of response – fifty percent (50%)
- Category 2: Quality of composition – forty percent (40%)
- Category 3: Grammatical accuracy – ten percent (10%)
- The potential contest winner will be selected by the judges on or about November 30th, 2017. All decisions of the judges are final and binding.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION The winner will be announced between 29 November and December 6th. Bills.com will make two attempts to notify the winner by emailing the address when the essay was submitted. Check back to see if you won! If Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner, the corresponding Entry will be deemed ineligible to win a prize and the next highest scoring Entry may be chosen. Sponsor will have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by the potential winner for any reason. In the event of a dispute regarding any Entry, the Entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address from which the essay was sent. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the submitted Entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected Entry will be deemed ineligible to win a prize. In the event of a tie, the winner will be the entrant who scored the highest in Category 1, but should that factor not resolve the tie, then the winner will be the entrant who scored the highest in Category 2. The winner will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release, and Liability Waiver which must be returned within ten (10) calendar days of notification. Failure to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release, and Liability Waiver may result in winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of the prize, and the award of the prize to an alternate winner.
- WAIVER OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; INDEMNIFICATION. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, INCLUDING SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST SPONSOR, ITS PARENT CORPORATION AND/OR SUBSIDIARIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSEES, AND REPRESENTATIVES (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”) FOR ANY INJURY, DAMAGE OR LOSS THAT MAY OCCUR, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR FROM THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE. SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE, AND TO THE EXTENT ALLOWABLE UNDER LAW, FULLY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES. ENTRANT(S) AND WINNER(S) ASSUME ALL DAMAGES FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR USE OF A PRIZE, WAIVE ALL CLAIMS AGAINST SPONSOR OR ANY RELEASED PARTIES ARISING THEREFROM, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY SPONSOR AND THE RELEASE PARTIES AT ALL TIME FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, INJURIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS FEES) RESULTING FROM ANY ACT, DEFAULT, OR OMISSION OF THE ENTRANT AND/OR A BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISDIRECTED, LOST, LATE, INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE ENTRIES, AND SUCH ENTRIES WILL BE VOID. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (A) ANY COMPUTER, TELEPHONE, CABLE, NETWORK, SATELLITE, ELECTRONIC OR INTERNET HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MALFUNCTIONS, FAILURES, CONNECTIONS, AVAILABILITY, (B) GARBLED OR JUMBLED TRANSMISSIONS, (C) SERVICE PROVIDER/INTERNET/WEB SITE/USE NET ACCESSIBILITY OR AVAILABILITY, TRAFFIC CONGESTION, (D) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION OR (E) THE INCORRECT OR INACCURATE CAPTURE OF ENTRY INFORMATION OR THE FAILURE TO CAPTURE ANY SUCH INFORMATION.
- CONSENT TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS AND USE OF NAME, LIKENESS AND EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION. By entering the Contest, each entrant gives his or her express permission to receive promotional emails from Sponsor or from third-parties directed by Sponsor. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, city and state of residence and entry materials for advertising, promotional, editorial, and publicity purposes, worldwide in perpetuity, in any media now known or hereafter created, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. You further agree that Sponsor can identify you, your educational institution, and the institution you used the scholarship for, and waive any educational privacy rights you may have in such information.
- GOVERNING LAW; ARBITRATION; VENUE. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The laws of the State of Arizona govern the Contest without reference to choice of law principles. Any dispute regarding the Contest is exclusively subject to binding arbitration (with one (1) arbitrator sitting) in Tempe, Arizona pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Entrants hereby irrevocably waive any and all right to a trial by jury in any legal proceeding arising out of or relating to the Contest. Entrants further waive any objection to venue in Tempe, Arizona, whether such objection is based on lack of personal jurisdiction, improper venue, forum non-conveniens, or the like.
- GENERAL TERMS. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entries that do not comply with the Rules, and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Contest, as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest at any time. If the Contest is terminated prior to the published end date of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize based on the eligible entries received before the date of termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if any invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- SPONSOR; WINNER LIST. The Sponsor of this Contest is Bills.com, LLC, whose principal place of business is 1875 South Grant Street, Suite 500, San Mateo, California 94402. To receive a winner list, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to the preceding address attention to: “2017 Scholarship Contest Winner”, within thirty (30) days of expiration of the Contest Period.
- FTC DISCLOSURE RULES. Each winner is required to comply with the FTC’s rules governing online endorsements or any similar rules when posting online reviews or comments regarding the Sponsor or its services.