CHS Financial Assistance Program
- Learn if you qualify for charitable or government assistance.
- CHS may offer a discount if your income is low.
- How to learn more about bankruptcy and medical debt settlement.
Options to Solve Your CHS Health Bills
Consider your options if you cannot afford your medical bill at a Community Health Systems-affiliated hospital, clinic or surgery center.
Call or visit the billing department. Financial counselors will help you find possible sources of patient financial assistance, including:
- Government medical assistance, such as Medicare and Medicaid
- Private financial assistance, such as local charities
- If your income is low, you may qualify for Community Health Systems charity care for emergency care, or
- Community Health Systems patient financial assistance, which is a discount plan
See the Bills.com article How to Handle Medical Bills Debt to learn if you qualify for Medicaid and where to find private charity sources.
Community Health Systems Charity Care
Each Community Health Systems facility offers its own charity and financial assistance programs. Community Health Systems charity care is for people who have no insurance, need emergency non-elective care, and have limited financial resources or income that is at or below poverty guidelines.
Community Health Systems At A Glance
Community Health Systems's affiliates own, operate or lease 135 hospitals in 29 states. In more than 55 percent of the markets served, CHS-affiliated hospitals are the sole provider of healthcare services.
Complete a form provided by your local CHS care provider and include income and resource verification information to qualify for Community Health Systems's charity or financial assistance programs.
Community Health Systems Financial Assistance Program
You qualify for the Community Health Systems financial assistance if you have no insurance and do not qualify for Medicaid, charity care, or other assistance. You will receive a bill containing a discount of the total charges.
Help For CHS Medical Debt
Talk to a Bills.com debt settlement partner to learn your options to resolving your medical debt.
Community Health Systems providers will negotiate with patients experiencing financial difficulties and will try to create an affordable payment plan.
Bills Action Plan
Ask your Community Health Systems medical provider's billing office to help you understand your options to resolve your CHS bill. Your options include qualifying for:
- Government assistance
- Assistance from local organizations
- Charity care assistance
- Financial assistance program assistance
Which of these you qualify for depends on your financial circumstances.