Ask Bill your personal finance question

Information on child support payments reporting

For child support, when the pay date is on a week end/holiday the agency lists it as 30-59 days late. How can I change this?

When I want to add info about arrange of child support that is garnished from my check each pay period, but when the pay date is on a week end or holiday the state agency list it as 30-59 days late. How can I change that?

Read full question
Bill's Answer
(5 Votes) | Find Learn Save

You need to contact your state's child support agency to describe the problem you are facing and ask them what steps they or you can take to make sure that your child support payments are being property credited to your balance. If you have an attorney who represented you in the child custody proceedings that led to this child support order, you may want to consult with your attorney to find out what steps, if any, you or he should take to resolve this problem.

As long as your child support payments are being made each month, and the state regulatory agency is not pursuing you for non-payment, the details of how your payments are reported should not cause you problems. However, if you want to be proactive to prevent any potential problems, you should be able to resolve these reporting errors by communicating with the state child support agency and providing them a simple explanation of the reporting errors you have been experiencing.

You can learn more about child support guidelines and regulations by visiting I wish you the best of luck in resolving the problems you have been experiencing with your child support payments, and hope that the information I have provided helps you Find. Learn. Save.



(5 Votes)
1500 characters remaining