Ask Bill your personal finance question

Find Attorney in California

Who can reverse a court order?

I need to find someone to reverse a court order. I get an allotment each month from my retired ex-spouse but I sign it right back over — I don't even cash the check. The problem is I'm winding up paying taxes on the monies I don't even receive and I need to stop the allotment but I need a court order to do it. I live in California.

Read full question
Bill's Answer
(4 Votes) | Find Learn Save

You need to find an attorney who can review your situation in detail. My guess is that you have a wage garnishment of some kind, and an alimony or family support order. However, guessing is not what you need to answer your question. You need to talk with an attorney who can interview you in person, suss-out the relevant facts in your situation, and review your documentation.

I hope this information helps you Find. Learn & Save.



Get Debt Help!
(4 Votes)

People also like to Read

Betsalel Cohen

Government Debt Relief | Compare government debt relief options that can help you save, including government mortgage relief ... Read more >>

Daniel Cohen

Free Debt Consolidation | Struggling with debt? Check out ways to become debt free that don't cost you any money. ... Read more >>

Daniel Cohen

Military Debt Consolidation | There are some key differences between consolidating debt when you are in or out of the militar... Read more >>

Betsalel Cohen

Debt Management | Many of us have debt problems. Some of us can solve go it alone, while others need professional debt servi... Read more >>

Daniel Cohen

If you are served a Summons and Complaint, it is crucial to respond the right way. Never ignore a summons, as it can lead to ... Read more >>

Mark Cappel

Collection laws and exemptions vary from state to state. Protect yourself and your assets by learning the homestead, vehicle,... Read more >> Team

Learn your state's statute of limitation laws for credit card & other debt. Find the maximum interest rate collectors can cha... Read more >>

Brad Stroh

9 do-it-yourself debt solutions, including how to stop a collector's calls, validate debt, dispute an error in your credit re... Read more >>


1500 characters remaining
  • 35x35
    May, 2010
    Great article.
    0 Votes