- Learn if you qualify for charitable or government assistance.
- Ascension may offer a discount if your income is low.
- How to learn more about medical debt settlement and bankruptcy.
Options to Solve Your Ascension Health Bills
You have several options to consider if you cannot afford your Ascension Health medical bill.
Call or visit the billing department at your Ascension hospital or Ascension surgery center. Ascension's financial counselors will help you find possible sources of patient financial assistance, including:
- Government medical assistance, including Medicare and Medicaid
- Private financial assistance, such as local charities
- Ascension Health charity care if your income is low
- Ascension Health patient financial assistance, which offers discounts if your income is low
See the Bills.com article How to Handle Medical Bills Debt to learn if you qualify for Medicaid and how to find sources of private charity.
Ascension Health Charity Care
Each Ascension Health facility offers its own charity and financial assistance programs. Ascension Health charity care is for people who have no insurance, need emergency non-elective care, and have limited financial resources or income.
Ascension Health At A Glance
Ascension Health is a Edmundson, MO operator of approximately 500 medical service locations in 20 states, including 93 hospitals. It was founded in 1999 when several Catholic hospital groups combined.
You need to to complete a form and provide income and resource verification information to qualify for Ascension Health's charity program.
Ascension Health Patient Assistance Program
You qualify for the Ascension Health patient assistance if you have no insurance and do not qualify for Medicaid, charity care, or other assistance. You will receive a bill containing a discount of the total charges. The patient assistance program does not include not-staff doctors and other professionals who are not Ascension Health employees.
Help For HCA Medical Debt
Talk to a Bills.com debt settlement partner to learn your options to resolving your medical debt.
Ascension Health will negotiate with patients experiencing financial difficulties and will attempt to create an affordable payment plan.
Bills Action Plan
Ask your Ascension Health medical provider's billing office to help you understand your options to resolve your Ascension bill. Your options include qualifying for:
- Government assistance
- Assistance from local charities
- Ascension charity assistance
- Ascension patient assistance
Which of these you qualify for depends on your financial circumstances.