Bills Logo

Loan for Debt Payoff

Mark Cappel
UpdatedJul 24, 2007

Can you please help find me a lender so I can get my debt settled and start the road to credit recovery?

I already have come to settlements or I'm in the process of finalizing settlements with all 5 of my "Charge Off" accounts with my creditors. I just need help finding a lender so that I can pay the agreed upon lump sums, and make one monthly payment. I need a minimum loan of $15,000 but would prefer $18,000 and I can afford to make monthly payments of $400 or $500 depending on the loan amt approved. Can you please help find me a lender so I can get my debt settled and start the road to credit recovery?

Since I do not know the details of your financial situation, such as your income and credit rating, I cannot say specifically what loans will or will not be available to you. If you visit the Loan Resources page, you can read about the various types of loans offered on the market.

If you want a free debt consultation with one of Bill's approved debt help partners, click here:

Debt Relief Savings Quote

If you own a home, you may want to consider a home equity loan rather than a simple unsecured personal loan. A home equity loan could offer you a better interest rate and loan terms than a personal loan. To learn more about home equity loans, I encourage you to visit the Home Equity Resources page.

If you do not own a home, you may still be able to obtain a personal loan to assist you in funding these settlements. However, you can expect to pay significantly more in interest on an unsecured loan than you would pay on a secured home equity loan.

I wish you the best of luck in finding the loan that you need to fund the settlements you have negotiated.

I hope that the information I have provided helps you Find. Learn. Save.




BBill, Feb, 2010
Step back a moment and consider your question from a mortgage lender's perspective. A bank wants four things in a perfect borrower: 1) Stable income, 2) Good recent credit history, 3) Low debt-to-income ratio, 4) Big down payment. Do you offer all four elements? Download a Uniform Residential Loan Application (Form 1003) and do the math with your unsecured debt paid. Complete another 1003 with the debt unpaid. Which application will be more attractive to a mortgage broker?
SSonya Burton, Feb, 2010
We are moving and sold our home with a profit of 45K. We have debt on medical and credit cards for about 35k. I have set up payment plan with all of them for 2 to 5 yrs. at a lesser interest rate and froze the accounts. My question is, when we move we would like to buy a home again. Should we pay all the debt off or use to put down on a home. Or a portion to both. Our credit is good, we were not late on anything just got sick of credit cards and raising of fees. All the debt is in my name and not my husbands.