Bills Logo
Mark Cappel
UpdatedAug 6, 2007

How can I get out of paying taxes on money that i never received?

Can I get out of paying taxes on money that i never received? Help me with my IRS Tax Debt.

If you have received an IRS form 1099 from a company or individual showing income that you did not actually receive, you may want to file a dispute with the IRS explaining that all or part of the income reported on the 1099 was not received by you.

If, on the other hand, you owe IRS Tax Debt and want to resolve it, you can apply with one of's approved tax resolution firms by clicking here:


For further information about how to dispute an incorrect tax assessment, you can contact the IRS by calling 1-800-829-1040. You should keep in mind that not all "income" that is reported to the IRS is money you would have actually received during the tax year. For example, if a creditor has cancelled all or part of a debt you owed, the amount of the debt cancelled would be taxable as income, even though you never actually received any money. However, in most cases, if you received a 1099 showing compensation that you never received, you should dispute the tax assessment with the IRS, which will then investigate the situation to determine whether or not the assessment was valid. If the IRS decides that the assessment was valid (which would be surprising if you never received the income in question), you can file an appeal with the IRS appeals division

IRS Appeals Help

You may want consult with an attorney specializing in tax law to determine the best course of action. Hopefully, you will be able to resolve this problem without too much difficulty. offers a wealth of information to consumers having problems with the IRS, available on the IRS Debt Help page at /irs_debt_help/. I wish you the best of luck in resolving your tax problems, and hope that the information I have provided helps you Find. Learn. Save.