Christian Debt Consolidation Pros and Cons
- Review how Christian Debt Consolidation Works.
- Examine what makes Christian Debt Consolidation different.
- Be careful to check out any debt consolidation firm's reputation.
What Can A Christian Debt Consolidation Company Do For You?
Christian debt consolidation is used to describe different types of Christian debt solutions. The goal of all the different Christian debt consolidation firms is to help you become debt free; however, different Christian debt consolidation firms use different methods to help you.
"Christian debt consolidation" is used by firms that offer the following services:
- Christian debt counseling
- Christian debt relief
- Christian debt settlement
- Christian debt consolidation loans
Speak with a certified debt consultant, now.
If you are struggling with debt, contact one of Bills.com's pre-screened debt providers for a free, no-hassle debt relief quote.
How does Christian Debt Christian Debt Consolidation Work?
Christian debt consolidators use the same methods to help people get out of debt that are used by other debt consolidation firms. Christian debt consolidation firms and other debt consolidation firms make similar claims about how their programs work and the kind of results you can expect.
- Christian Credit Counseling- A Christian Credit Counseling firm works on your debt the exact same way that any other credit counseling firm does, by offering financial counseling and budget review, then by working to get lower interest rates for you from your creditors.
- Christian Debt Settlement- A Christian Debt Settlement firm negotiates with your creditors to get them to agree that you can settle your debt for less than you owe. You choose to stop making payments directly to your creditors, while you save up the money to pay for your settlements. This is no different than what any reputable debt settlement firm does.
- Christian Debt Consolidation Loans- A Christian Debt Consolidation loan combines multiple debts into one loan with one monthly payment. The benefit would be consolidating high interest debt into a loan with lower interest. As with any debt solution, reducing the costs to repay your debt won't solve your debt problem unless you commit to not running up new debt.
How Does Christian Debt Consolidation Help You?
If you find the right Christian debt consolidation solution, then it can help you become debt free in a way that is consistent with your goals. Just as with any debt consolidation program, you need to ask yourself:
- What size monthly payment you can afford.
- How important the program's impact on your credit is to you.
- How quickly you want to become debt free.
What Makes Christian Debt Consolidation Different?
If Christian debt consolidation firms work the same way, charge comparable fees, and achieve the same results as other debt consolidation firms, what makes them different?
There are a few main differences between Christian debt consolidation and other debt consolidation firms, including:
- The language they use- Christian debt consolidators ground their presentation in religious language, often referencing God. Some emphasize how debt can throw your life out of balance and cause you to become more focused on money issues than on God.
- Educational Materials Provided- Some Christian debt consolidation firms, especially the ones that focus on financial education and budgeting advice make greater references to specific biblical texts and thoughts, when offering their financial advice.
- Appeal of Working With Like-minded People- If you are a Christian, you may value working with someone who shares your worldview. You may feel more secure because you expect a Christian debt consolidator will behave ethically and forthrightly. This is probably the most important factor to the majority of people who hire a Christian debt consolidation firm.
Christian Debt Consolidation Scams
Beware of a wolf in sheep's clothing. Firms that advertise as Christian debt consolidators are not necessarily more ethical, harder working, or more honest than any other debt consolidator. Actually, some firms rely on your looking for Christian debt help to cause you to lower you guard when you find a Christian debt consolidation firm.
The unethical "Christian" companies rely on your being more trusting when you feel you are working with a fellow Christian. Don't be any less diligent about checking out a Christian debt consolidation firm than you would be checking out any other firm you consider doing business with, so you avoid a Christian debt consolidation scam.
Selling Your Information
There are actually some firms that you will find online that advertise themselves as Christian debt consolidators that actually don't even work on debt cases. Instead, they take your name and the information you give them and sell it to other firms that do the casework, firms that often aren't Christian debt relief firms. Before you hire any debt relief firm find out if they handle your case in-house, farm some work out to another firm, or just sell your information to the highest bidder in the debt relief field.
If you are considering hiring a debt relief firm, it is most important for you to find the:
- Right debt solution
- Right company to work out on that solution
It may be important to you to find a Christian debt consolidation firm. You may also prefer to work with other Christian businesses, when possible, such as Christian auto-mechanics and Christian insurance salesmen. If you restrict your debt relief solutions to Christian debt consolidation firms, make sure that you check out the firm's reputation and determine that their history is consistent with the salesperson's presentation. Don't be lulled into a false sense of security.
If finding the best debt consolidation firm is most important to you, then don't restrict your search to only Christian debt relief firms. Compare different firms and the presentations they offer. You may find that the most honest and straightforward firm, the one that is willing to tell you the pros and cons of their program, is not a Christian debt consolidation firm.
Unsure What Kind of Debt Consolidation is Right for You?
When you use the Bills.com Debt Navigator, in just a few minutes you will receive a recommendation about what debt relief solution is best for you. The Debt Navigator is a free tool, has no effect on your credit score, and offers you a recommendation based on the priorities you provide.