Bills Logo

Need Personal Loan

Mark Cappel
UpdatedDec 9, 2009
Key Takeaways:
  • Create a budget.
  • Consider a peer-to-peer loan.

I need $2,600 to pay the water bill. Where can I get a loan?

I live with my mother. Recently the city of Harrisburg PA cut our water supply for lack of payment. They us to pay $5,000 to restore our water supply to the house but the problem is that we only have $2,400 and if we don't pay in almost 10 days we'll be homeless. My nephew and I are trying to find a way to borrow $2,600 to have the $5,000 but we can't have any back e.t.c to lend us the money since they do work. We plan to have someone to lend us the money so we can pay it back at sum of $500 per month. Is there some way we can borrow it cause we don't have any luck?

If you do not have any collateral, what you seek is a signature loan, which is also called an unsecured loan or personal loan.

I have two suggestions for you. First, read the Federal Trade Commission document, "Payday Loans Equal Very Costly Cash: Consumers Urged to Consider the Alternatives" and determine if any of the suggested alternatives in that document will work for you.

Second, consider a loan from Prosper or Lending Club, which are a peer-to-peer lending and investing companies.

Finally, the fact that you need to raise $5,000 to pay your water bill is a symptom of a deeper problem. You must create a household budget so that paying routine utility bills does not trigger an emergency response. Download the free budget guide and go through the pain of creating a household budget. Once you have a budget in place and stick to it, you will not experience these problems in the future.

I hope this information helps you Find. Learn & Save.